‘How Ikorodu School Girls Were Kidnapped’

Federal Government Academy Suleja (Center for the Gifted & Talented) 2017/2018 Provisional Admission List is Out! – Click Here for the Full List

WASSCE 2017 for Private Candidates (GCE) – See Timetable Download Past Questions with Answers – Click Here!

Ven. Olaoluwa Adeyemi, Principal of Babington Macaulay Junior Seminary School, Ikorodu, Lagos, whose three female students were kidnapped on Monday night, has said that the kidnappers gained access to the school premises through a deep hole they created on the fence.

rp_SCHOOL.jpg

Speaking with Dr. (Mrs.) Idiat Oluranti Adebule, the Lagos State Deputy Governor and Commissioner for Education, who visited the institution on Wednesday, Adeyemi said that after the kidnappers gained entrance, they started shooting sporadically into the air, and eventually overpowered the security personnel in the school, as the hoodlums came with superior weapons.

Adeyemi added: “The security in school tried to combat them, but the weapons they came with were very heavy. They went into the classrooms; the students in fact put up a good fight but the kidnappers overpowered just about three students and whisked them away.

“Immediately, we called the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni because fortunately I have his number and immediately the Governor was informed and within the space of two to three hours, the school was filled with security people. All the security agencies combed the environment here till morning. Apparently, we could not get them but since then, security people have been really working hard.

“We like to appreciate the Lagos State Government in particular for the quick response. Everybody have been coming; the police, DSS. In fact, the CP himself led the helicopter surveillance yesterday and they went all around.

“We have spoken this morning and he is on his way here. We pray that God will crown the efforts with great success and our children will be back with us save and sound. God will intervene and Nigeria will be a better place for all of us.

“Three children were involved and we have contacted their parents and tried to discuss with them and other security information are with the security agents,” he narrated.

Download e-books for education and research for FREE - Click Here cowbell competition advert Download e-books for education and research for FREE @www.gablibrary.com.ng

Aderanti, who was accompanied by top officials and heads of security agencies in the state, assured that the government was fully on top of the situation adding that as a mother and Commissioner of the Ministry of Education, she could imagine the pains the parents are going through as a result of the unfortunate development, but that government would leave no stone unturned until the three girls are rescued alive.

She said the state government, under the leadership of Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, was very much concerned about the plight of the affected parents and the school, and that it was on top of the situation and working hard in conjunction with security agencies to promptly reunite the children with their families.

She also appealed passionately to the kidnappers to release the girls immediately, as the victims were innocent of whatever reasons that prompted their action.

Earlier, Dr. Michael Fape, Proprietor of the School and Bishop of Remo Diocese of Anglican Church of Nigeria, commended the state government for the quick response to the distress call made on the kidnap, saying the action of government and the security agencies were encouraging and assuring that the girls would soon be rescued.

“We can’t thank you enough. We are sure these girls will be rescued. And of course the way the Lagos State Government has risen to the task of rescuing these girls also gives us a lot of encouragement.

“The governor himself and the Commissioner of Police and every one of them have been on top of the situation. Their efforts have been so encouraging and we sincerely thank them. We thank your Excellency for finding out time to come here in person despite your tight schedule.

“As Bishop in charge of this diocese, we have only come to see things for ourselves too. We trust God that God on our side and the efforts being put in place by the state government, these children will be recovered”, the Bishop said.

Receive BREAKING NEWS Alerts, Subscribe Below


UTME 2017 – Attempt UTME CBT in selected UTME Subjects; Score up to 30 points and win N500 Cash (or airtime) – Click Here to Participate for FREE

Follow Us on FACEBOOK, TWITTER and BBM – D1B511F5 for BREAKING NEWS alerts.

Do You Know Nigeria? Attempt 10 simple questions on Nigeria for FREE and Win FREE N500 Airtime – Click Here to Participate!

For your news articles, press release, Breaking News, send e-mail to admin@newsnownigeria.com.ng